FlaglerChat.com Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mosquito Control?

Closed Thread
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:46 AM   #1
NoWay
Fearless Crusader

NoWay is off to a good start
Default Mosquito Control?

The mosquitos are thick as I have ever seen them up here in the Hammock. You can't go outside at any point of the day or nite without being covered with them. I have not seen a single spray truck up this way. All calls to their office go unreturned. Are you being swarmed by mosquitos in your neighborhood? Have you seen the spray trucks?
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:48 AM   #2
TrickyRicky
Royal Wizard of the Realm

Credits: 169,511
TrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regard

Sorry your having a problem, but yes I have seen or heard the spray truck in my neighborhood. In fact he drove around here just last week.
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM   #3
bulldog7
Fearless Crusader

bulldog7 is off to a good start

The truck came thru Pine Lakes yesterday at 5:30 a.m. I was glad to hear it!
Old July 21st, 2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Mamaone
Lost on a Quest

Mamaone is putting a best foot forwardMamaone is putting a best foot forward

This website was posted by one of the members here. I have put in a request due to the mosquitos in the swale behind the house and they e-mailed me back the same day. I was told they answer all calls within 24 hrs usually. Hope this helps.
http://www.flaglermosquito.com/index.html
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:58 PM   #5
turtles
Eminent Elder

turtles is held in the highest regardturtles is held in the highest regardturtles is held in the highest regardturtles is held in the highest regardturtles is held in the highest regardturtles is held in the highest regardturtles is held in the highest regardturtles is held in the highest regard

I've only heard the truck twice over here since this past Spring. Other years I've heard it just about every night. I'm a light sleeper, so I would hear it if it came through.
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:34 PM   #6
computacat
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 81,430
computacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regard

Truck came through my section early one morning last week.
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:31 PM   #7
OldCdog
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 3,190
OldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regard
Talking two sides to every story!

I'm in the Pine Lakes area also, and have seen much more spraying in former years, but :

These are tough economic times for such nice services now when money is getting tight.

Hey----give us a break folks!
(those sprayings are dreadful things to us!)

Old July 21st, 2011, 05:41 PM   #8
computacat
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 81,430
computacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regard

Mosquito control

Old July 21st, 2011, 07:55 PM   #9
palmerbound2005
Eminent Elder

palmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regard

We've had a lot of gnats in the L section-maybe because we've been digging them up in the yard.
Old July 21st, 2011, 07:58 PM   #10
TrickyRicky
Royal Wizard of the Realm

Credits: 169,511
TrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by palmerbound2005 View Post
We've had a lot of gnats in the L section-maybe because we've been digging them up in the yard.
Nope the gnats are every where. How much digging are you doing to cause them to be all over the place? J/T
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:52 PM   #11
vietnamvet
Farewell to Arms

vietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regard

I saw a mosquito carry a early morning runner into the woods so the big ones could not steal the runner from it. I really don't mind the bugs we can see. It is those dang "NOSEEUMS" that worry me.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:11 AM   #12
palmerbound2005
Eminent Elder

palmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regardpalmerbound2005 is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
Nope the gnats are every where. How much digging are you doing to cause them to be all over the place? J/T
LOL. Digging up trees we lost to the frost and the bugs this year. I could see where my comment would raise this question though. I love working in the yard and am always out doing something.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:47 AM   #13
OldCdog
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 3,190
OldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regard

The Mosquito Control truck went by this morning at 3:30 AM again in the Pine Lakes section killing those
blood suckers!