FlaglerChat.com Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You may have unclaimed money coming to you?

Closed Thread
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #1
CrankeeYankee
Loyal Commoner

Credits: 25,701
CrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regard
Default You may have unclaimed money coming to you?

Check on this website to see if you've got unclaimed money that may be yours and didn't even know about. www.missingmoney.com i checked and I was owed 3 dollars from 7 years ago when i lived in Texas.....my sister checked and found almost $1300.00 and some employees of the company I work for have found as much as $2600.00 . Be sure to check previous states you've lived in. It costs nothing and you may find some unexpected cash.

I am ashamed of things i've done for a Klondike bar.
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #2
TrickyRicky
Royal Wizard of the Realm

Credits: 169,332
TrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regard

Just checked and noone owes me any money. Thanks for the link though.
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #3
CrankeeYankee
Loyal Commoner

CrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regardCrankeeYankee is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
Just checked and noone owes me any money. Thanks for the link though.
Did you enter your first name? mine didn't show up when i entered it with my first name but did when I just went with last name.

Old December 14th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #4
TrickyRicky

TrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by CrankeeYankee View Post
Did you enter your first name? mine didn't show up when i entered it with my first name but did when I just went with last name.
Yes I did. I'll go back and leave it out and see what happens.
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #5
TrickyRicky

Still nothing.
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #6
justmeusee
Eminent Elder

justmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regardjustmeusee is held in the highest regard

I tried but some states do not list on that site that I lived. NY and NC being the ones that do no list.
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #7
shanestr
Lost on a Quest

shanestr is held in the highest regardshanestr is held in the highest regardshanestr is held in the highest regardshanestr is held in the highest regardshanestr is held in the highest regardshanestr is held in the highest regardshanestr is held in the highest regardshanestr is held in the highest regardshanestr is held in the highest regard

Nothing for me either...at least not here in florida....they haven't added New York yet so i have to wait till they update....ty for sharing
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #8
Disorderly_Conduct
Oracle of Wisdom

Disorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regardDisorderly_Conduct is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by justmeusee View Post
I tried but some states do not list on that site that I lived. NY and NC being the ones that do no list.
Do the search for NY anyway.

When the result page comes up, there is a link to go to the NY Comptrollers Office.

On that page you can search for NY funds.

ETA - link for NYS funds http://www.osc.state.ny.us/ouf/index.htm
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:12 AM   #9
bkgirl
Oracle of Wisdom

bkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regardbkgirl is held in the highest regard

I did this last year and found 2500.00 but not that website. I found it thru the states (all states have them) free treasure or unclaimed money.

Sure was a blessing to find it.
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:35 AM   #10
R2D2
Eminent Elder

R2D2 is held in the highest regardR2D2 is held in the highest regardR2D2 is held in the highest regardR2D2 is held in the highest regardR2D2 is held in the highest regardR2D2 is held in the highest regardR2D2 is held in the highest regard
Thumbs up NYS Unclaimed Funds

Quote: Originally Posted by justmeusee View Post
Justme....

Here is a link to the NYS Controllers office which handles "unclaimed funds"

Good luck with your search

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/ouf/index.htm
Old December 15th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #11
truthtraveler
Oracle of Wisdom

truthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regardtruthtraveler is held in the highest regard

Nothing for me or anyone in my family.
Old December 15th, 2009, 07:42 AM   #12
SharkMedic
Farewell to Arms

SharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regard

Good information but costly if you use that, or any service. They require a finder's fee to get your money.

The State of Florida runs its own division to help find unclaimed money within the state: Bureau of Unclaimed Property . It's free!
Old December 15th, 2009, 07:49 AM   #13
CrankeeYankee
Loyal Commoner

Quote: Originally Posted by SharkMedic View Post
Good information but costly if you use that, or any service. They require a finder's fee to get your money.

The State of Florida runs its own division to help find unclaimed money within the state: Bureau of Unclaimed Property . It's free!
Q. Is there a time limit or fee for claiming the items from the state?
A. No. States act as the custodians of your property until you claim it from them. In most cases States do not charge a fee to you when you claim unclaimed property. Some people and companies, known as heir finders or locators will try to charge up to 50% for helping you claim your funds. There is really no need to pay these service providers since you can find your money for free by using MissingMoney.com and working directly with the U.S. States.

Not true...i wasnt charged anything nor was my sister....it redirects you to the state site for claims. If you can prove otherwise please do!

Old December 15th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #14
SharkMedic
Farewell to Arms

SharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regardSharkMedic is held in the highest regard

http://www.fltreasurehunt.org/Contac...d-Property.jsp
Old December 15th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #15
CrankeeYankee
Loyal Commoner

http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm

For the skeptic(s) here's a link on the site that takes you directly to the states sites. They wouldn't provide that information if the site was looking to make money or charge a fee.

Closed Thread