FlaglerChat.com Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where Can I buy a Deep-Fried Turkey for Thanksgiving?

Closed Thread
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #1
TeachPC
Loyal Commoner

TeachPC is putting a best foot forwardTeachPC is putting a best foot forward
Default Where Can I buy a Deep-Fried Turkey for Thanksgiving?

I don't want to cook it myself. Does anyone know where I can purchase one?
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Harryoke
Eminent Elder

Harryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regard

Check to see if any Popeyes are taking orders...they have in the past.
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM   #3
ladydaisy
Wandering Gypsy

Credits: 2,606
ladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regard

I seen a sign on the window at KFC in Ormond for Cajun Deepfried Turkey. They are charging $50.00. I couldnt afford it, but I bet its really good!
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #4
Harryoke
Eminent Elder

Harryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regardHarryoke is held in the highest regard

It is pretty easy to do yourself, the hassle is the setup and cleanup...and getting the oil, etc. It would be great to find someone doing it themselves, and arrange to be at their house and then bring your own turkey...fry it, pay them a fee for the fuel and time, and then leave to enjoy the bird.

Fried turkey is SOOOOOO good!
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Harryoke
Eminent Elder

Here is a link to a mouth watering video...Alton Brown shows everything you need to know about fried turkey...in 3 parts. The link will take you to part 1, then the links for 2 and three are on the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E270Qx5OpxU
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #6
Mom2MandMG
Oracle of Wisdom

Mom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regardMom2MandMG is held in the highest regard

I know Honeybaked Ham does fully cooked turkeys. You might want to check with them to see if they do them deep fried also.
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #7
Polishgirl
Oracle of Wisdom

Polishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regard

My BIL has made deep fried turkey but the cost of the oil (the good stuff like peanut) and amount of it needed is what makes the turkey expensive.
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #8
Sodoodle
Lost on a Quest

Sodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regardSodoodle is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
My BIL has made deep fried turkey but the cost of the oil (the good stuff like peanut) and amount of it needed is what makes the turkey expensive.
Oh, yeah, it is usually more expensive to do it yourself! You have to use pure peanut oil, you have to have the equipment, etc. (oh, and you have to not burn your house down!! )
Old November 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #9
Harryoke
Eminent Elder

Would be nice if someone with the equipment would set aside a day to fire it up and let people come over with their turkeys, for a fee, LOL!

There is an opportunity for someone to earn a few bucks and meet some nice people.
Old November 10th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #10
TeachPC
Loyal Commoner

TeachPC is putting a best foot forwardTeachPC is putting a best foot forward

Thank you for all of your ideas. I'm going to try the one at the KFC in Palm Coast. It's $39.95. I'm going to make a backup just in case it isn't any good.

Again, thanks.
Old November 12th, 2008, 02:40 PM   #11
Polishgirl
Oracle of Wisdom

Polishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by TeachPC View Post
Thank you for all of your ideas. I'm going to try the one at the KFC in Palm Coast. It's $39.95. I'm going to make a backup just in case it isn't any good.

Again, thanks.
Do tell us if you enjoyed the KFC turkey.
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #12
RCLilo
Oracle of Wisdom

RCLilo is held in the highest regardRCLilo is held in the highest regardRCLilo is held in the highest regardRCLilo is held in the highest regardRCLilo is held in the highest regardRCLilo is held in the highest regard

Alton Brown shows you how to do it....HILARIOUS...but, you can risk the chance of burning your house down...but it's worth it for some JUICY SUCCULENT turkey....NOT!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong. Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.;)
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #13
gracie
Lost on a Quest

gracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regard

I just saw the box of peanut oil in Winn Dixie.... $43.00 ...ouch.
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #14
Lilith
Hot Goddess Athena

Lilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regardLilith is held in the highest regard

Cheaper to go to KFC. Bet it's good. I'm pondering it, although I have one in the freezer I was gonna smoke.
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #15
PhotoMom
Oracle of Wisdom

PhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regardPhotoMom is held in the highest regard

I can't even imagine what a deep fried turkey is like.
Closed Thread