FlaglerChat.com Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trick or Treating

Closed Thread
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #1
esposito
Fearless Crusader

esposito is off to a good start
Question Trick or Treating

Just wanted to know if anyone knows what time the kids can start trick or treating? I'm not sure since it is on saturday this year. Things seem to be different here compared to New York. Please let me know. Thank you so much.
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #2
justi
Lost on a Quest

justi is putting a best foot forwardjusti is putting a best foot forward

any thing at all going on this weekend...??Halloween WEEKEND THAT IS....??
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Siren
Mistress of Magical Menageries

Siren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regard

Palm Harbor Publix has a trick or treat thing going on. The kids get free cupcakes and such. And CVS, Hallmark, and other businesses open at that time usually have candy to give in the plaza.

Generally, trick or treating starts between 6-7. But I have seen them as early as 4. It really depends on the parents...understandably, many parents don't want their kids out when its dark. We don't have sidewalks in most areas, so for safety, many parents bring their kids out early.

I remember in Mass, we went out only when it did get dark. But that was a different time and place. People are far more cautious these days.

I usually take my daughter out between 5-7. We bring a flashlight in case it gets dark quickly. We generally first trick or treat at Publix and then go around the neighborhood.

I believe the Town Center is doing something as well, but I don't have the info on it.

Also many churches do trunk or treat. Best to call the church first and find out
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #4
CURLEY
Eminent Elder

CURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regardCURLEY is held in the highest regard

Justi, if you have not made it to Curleys Legends, we will be running both Fri and Sat.
Sat nite a costume contest with tropies to the best three....

Come and join us!!
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #5
esposito
Fearless Crusader

esposito is off to a good start
Default thanks

Thank you so much for the information
Old October 29th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #6
Gargoyle0134
Lost on a Quest

Gargoyle0134 has yet to show true colors

Does anyone know about something in Palm Coast called "Trunk-Or-Treat" and where it is? It is our grandson's first time out and we thought it might be easier for him and safer with police around?
Thanks!
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #7
ladydaisy
Wandering Gypsy

Credits: 2,634
ladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regardladydaisy is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by Gargoyle0134 View Post
Does anyone know about something in Palm Coast called "Trunk-Or-Treat" and where it is? It is our grandson's first time out and we thought it might be easier for him and safer with police around?
Thanks!
One of the churches on Whiteview has a sign out front about the trunk or treat. Sorry, I cant think of the name of the church.
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:29 AM   #8
Lisa0731
Lost on a Quest

Lisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regardLisa0731 is held in the highest regard

elizabeth ann seton
and since it's saturday I expect the tricks to startn around 12
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:57 AM   #9
ladybug38qt
Loyal Commoner

ladybug38qt is off to a good start

Does anyone know what the curfew is tonight? Thanks
Old October 31st, 2009, 07:37 AM   #10
floydsflame
Lost on a Quest

floydsflame has yet to show true colors

I just checked trunk or treat for palm coast.
Christ Lutheran church on us1 Atlantis plaza by thunder gulch is at 12:30p.
Mother Seaton is 6:30p-7:30p
The Methodist church by library is 4:30p-6:30p
PC Bible Church on Whiteview is 5p-8p
Also Fire Station 21 is doing their annual Haunted House
Be Safe and Have a Happy Halloween!
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:24 AM   #11
Gargoyle0134
Lost on a Quest

Gargoyle0134 has yet to show true colors
Default Trunk-Or-Treat!

Thank you! We did find Trunk-Or-Treat for our little grandson and he went as the green monster from a kid's show-Yo Gabba Gabba?
He had fun there and he's still so small that the 20 cars there were more than enough. Went home after and he ate and fell fast asleep! HA! Old grandma and grandpa here got some cute photos in his costume and it was fun for all!
Thanks again!-Lynn

(Pefect night!!)
Closed Thread