FlaglerChat.com Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What happens if you don't respond to jury duty?

Closed Thread
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:13 PM   #16
OldCdog
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 3,153
OldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by mydarrbear View Post
Remember those paper's are sent US mail, a lot of things get lost in the mail.......

Hey--somethings just take time!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM   #17
Bwell
Farewell to Arms

Bwell has yet to show true colors

Quote: Originally Posted by mydarrbear View Post
Remember those paper's are sent US mail, a lot of things get lost in the mail.......
Tee hee.., so I've heard - haven't needed to use that excuse, why it just wouldn't be right!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM   #18
crazzkc24
Loyal Commoner

crazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by densky67 View Post
I was just thinking the other day how odd that i've been here almost 4 yrs and have never been called for Jury Duty, whereas in New York my husband & I were called on a regular basis (every 2 or 4 yrs I believe)...dont get me wrong, i dont miss it but is it not as common to be called here? We are both registered voters and we each hold a valid FL drivers license (i think thats what was used up north to pull names)...just curious.
Give110...im glad it worked out ok for you!
I've been here 8 years and haven't been called. In fact, I've never been called for jury duty and I'm 36! Anyone else never been called for jury duty? I swear the people who want it, never get called!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:31 PM   #19
crazzkc24
Loyal Commoner

crazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regardcrazzkc24 is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Luck of the draw is all, I got called 3 times in one year, locally, and haven't been called since. I did get called for Federal Jury duty earlier this year, but didn't get selected for the jury.
I'm jealous!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:14 PM   #20
Siren
Mistress of Magical Menageries

Siren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regardSiren is held in the highest regard

Last edited by Siren; June 23rd, 2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: first pic didn't work
Old June 23rd, 2008, 07:26 PM   #21
Polishgirl
Oracle of Wisdom

Polishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regardPolishgirl is held in the highest regard

I have served on jury duty since moving to Flagler county. I have been called many times when I lived up north but never served. In Florida, I was called and selected on a case.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 07:53 PM   #22
OldCdog
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 3,153
OldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regard
Default Rofl

Daddy will take care of you!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM   #23
gracie
Lost on a Quest

gracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regardgracie is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by densky67 View Post
I was just thinking the other day how odd that i've been here almost 4 yrs and have never been called for Jury Duty, whereas in New York my husband & I were called on a regular basis (every 2 or 4 yrs I believe)...dont get me wrong, i dont miss it but is it not as common to be called here? We are both registered voters and we each hold a valid FL drivers license (i think thats what was used up north to pull names)...just curious.
Give110...im glad it worked out ok for you!
I was never called again after they accidentally called me twice in one year. I guess that's a big no-no. Really, I don't mind doing my civic duty, so it's kinda sad.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM   #24
bobbysworld
Farewell to Arms

bobbysworld is off to a good start

In 40 years I have NEVER gone to jury duty. Ive thrown out the notice each and every time ive ever gotten one. They send them regular mail, not certified so there is no way to prove you were notified. I have several friends who have followed this practice as well and NOTHING has happened. Of course im sure I just jinxed myself
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:09 PM   #25
CaptnFrenchie
Lost on a Quest

CaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regardCaptnFrenchie is held in the highest regard

Better consult with an Attorney, hope you have one retained!

Arrrrrr!!!

Capt'n

Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM   #26
gingi
Eminent Elder

gingi is well-respectedgingi is well-respectedgingi is well-respectedgingi is well-respectedgingi is well-respectedgingi is well-respected

Quote: Originally Posted by bobbysworld View Post
In 40 years I have NEVER gone to jury duty. Ive thrown out the notice each and every time ive ever gotten one. They send them regular mail, not certified so there is no way to prove you were notified. I have several friends who have followed this practice as well and NOTHING has happened. Of course im sure I just jinxed myself

That's not something to brag about.
Closed Thread