FlaglerChat.com Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Proposed Flagler Schools 2013-14 and 2014-15 Calendars

Closed Thread
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #1
Andy Dance
School Board 1

Andy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respected
Default Proposed Flagler Schools 2013-14 and 2014-15 Calendars

Below please find the proposed calendars for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 school years, up for approval at tonight's school board meeting.

The 2013 - 14 Calendar Highlights are:

First Day of school, Monday, August 19th
Full week of Thanksgiving off
Winter Break - Monday, December 23 to Friday, January 3
Last Day of school - Thursday June 5
No Half Days

Thank you,

Andy

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #2
some guy
Loyal Commoner

Credits: 25,833
some guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regardsome guy is held in the highest regard

I like how the winter break begins and ends on full weeks unlike this year
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #3
MonkeyMom
Fearless Crusader

MonkeyMom is putting a best foot forwardMonkeyMom is putting a best foot forward

Quote: Originally Posted by some guy View Post
I like how the winter break begins and ends on full weeks unlike this year
Me too! And no more half days
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Bleacher
Noble Aristocrat

Bleacher has earned respect from othersBleacher has earned respect from othersBleacher has earned respect from othersBleacher has earned respect from others

Really impressed that they are planning out so far ahead. It would be helpful if they could plan out that far in advance for rezoning and possible grade level changes as well.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Patinc08
Loyal Commoner

Credits: 5,173
Patinc08 is well-respectedPatinc08 is well-respectedPatinc08 is well-respectedPatinc08 is well-respectedPatinc08 is well-respectedPatinc08 is well-respectedPatinc08 is well-respected

Thank you for allowing us to see this. I think it's the first time in all the years my daughter has been a student, that someone thought it would be prudent for the parents to be included, so we can plan too. I do appeiciate it.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #6
jdig
Oracle of Wisdom

Credits: 11,690
jdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regardjdig is held in the highest regard

I am so glad they are done with half days what a waste of time they are.

Don't let the little people in your life bring you down.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #7
Palm.Coaster
Farewell to Arms

Palm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regard

Andy, did both of these schedules pass the board last night so they can be relied on? I like to plan vacations early so knowing this info is set in stone would be a big help!!!
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #8
Andy Dance
School Board 1

Andy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respectedAndy Dance is well-respected

Calendars were approved as shown. Thank you all for your comments.

Andy
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #9
Palm.Coaster
Farewell to Arms

Palm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by Andy Dance View Post
Calendars were approved as shown. Thank you all for your comments.

Andy
Hot diggity damn. I can start planning my Alaska cruise in 2015. Thanks Andy!!
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #10
bulldog7
Fearless Crusader

bulldog7 is off to a good start

I would like to see a 1 week earlier start so we get out the last week in May. Students are worthless after June 1!
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #11
ffgal77
Noble Aristocrat

ffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respected

I really like the Calendar! Thank you Any for sharing!
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #12
TrishD
Eminent Elder

TrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regardTrishD is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by jdig View Post
I am so glad they are done with half days what a waste of time they are.
Half days are really hard on working parents. Hopefully schools are beginning to realize that in most homes now, both parents work and finding care for the children isn't cheap and isn't easy. Of course mine are grown but I'd love to see the return of more after-school programs. Keep 'em busy!
Closed Thread