FlaglerChat.com Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reckless driver: white Chevy Silverado!

Closed Thread
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #16
ffgal77
Noble Aristocrat

ffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respected

They sure are out at night. I went out last night and on the way home I past by at least 8 officers. Thankfully I stuck to my rule that I will never drink if I have to drive. Not even on drink. I just wish I would see that many around during the day. People drive like there is no one else on the road so, there is no wonder there are so many accidents. The one thing I wish the county or city could afford, is to have an officer posted the school zones before and after school everyday. People fly through there and it is only a matter of time before another child is hit.
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #17
CrimeFighter
Farewell to Arms

CrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regardCrimeFighter is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by ffgal77 View Post
They sure are out at night. I went out last night and on the way home I past by at least 8 officers. Thankfully I stuck to my rule that I will never drink if I have to drive. Not even on drink. I just wish I would see that many around during the day. People drive like there is no one else on the road so, there is no wonder there are so many accidents. The one thing I wish the county or city could afford, is to have an officer posted the school zones before and after school everyday. People fly through there and it is only a matter of time before another child is hit.
There are the same amount of deputies during the day as there are at night. Day shift most times is busier than the night shift with calls for service. Also, deputies do patrol the school zones.
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #18
ffgal77
Noble Aristocrat

ffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respectedffgal77 is well-respected

Quote: Originally Posted by CrimeFighter View Post
There are the same amount of deputies during the day as there are at night. Day shift most times is busier than the night shift with calls for service. Also, deputies do patrol the school zones.
I know there are the same amount, just wish they had more on duty during the day. As far as the school zone goes, I know they patrol there, but they are not there every day. I can't tell you how many times I see people fly through the school zone and there is not an officer in sight. Don't get me wrong, I know this is not the officers choice. They go where they are told. I just wish there was a way to budget it to where every morning and afternoon there was an officer posted in each school zone.

Last edited by ffgal77; September 13th, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #19
TrickyRicky
Royal Wizard of the Realm

Credits: 169,389
TrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regard

I know there are the same amount, just wish they had more on duty during the day. As far as the school zone goes, I know they patrol there, but they are not there every day. I can't tell you how many times I see people fly through the school zone and there is not an officer in sight. Don't get me wrong, I know this is not the officers choice. They go where they are told. I just wish there was a way to budget it to where every morning and afternoon there was an officer posted in each school zone.
I see the same thing. People don't pay attention while driving. If I see someone coming up behind me fast in the same lane in a school zone while the lights are on. I'll tap my breaks a few time fast. If they are in the other lane I roll down the window and yell "SLOW DOWN".
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #20
Who Dat
Farewell to Arms

Who Dat is held in the highest regardWho Dat is held in the highest regardWho Dat is held in the highest regardWho Dat is held in the highest regardWho Dat is held in the highest regardWho Dat is held in the highest regardWho Dat is held in the highest regardWho Dat is held in the highest regard

With technology advancing the way that it is, it is currently possible and feasible for an electronic system, which would tell your vehicle it is in a school zone and limit your speed to 25 mph or whatever it was set at (speed size).

This same technology could also be placed on roads, that would do the same thing....
Limit everyones speed to a certain maximum regardless of how "Heavy" your foot was.
Why do you suppose that has not been done? This has been around for at least 25 years that I know of?
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #21
Palm.Coaster
Farewell to Arms

Palm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
With technology advancing the way that it is, it is currently possible and feasible for an electronic system, which would tell your vehicle it is in a school zone and limit your speed to 25 mph or whatever it was set at (speed size).

This same technology could also be placed on roads, that would do the same thing....
Limit everyones speed to a certain maximum regardless of how "Heavy" your foot was.
Why do you suppose that has not been done? This has been around for at least 25 years that I know of?
Of course, the technology has existed in Germany (and other countries) for over 30 years to just place a camera in the middle of the school zone and snap a picture of you and your vehicle and send you a hefty fine in the mail for speeding in a school zone (or anywhere they chose to put a camera). That would help tremendously.
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #22
TrickyRicky
Royal Wizard of the Realm

Credits: 169,389
TrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by Palm.Coaster View Post
Of course, the technology has existed in Germany (and other countries) for over 30 years to just place a camera in the middle of the school zone and snap a picture of you and your vehicle and send you a hefty fine in the mail for speeding in a school zone (or anywhere they chose to put a camera). That would help tremendously.
Only if you put a front license plate on the cars.
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #23
computacat
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 81,405
computacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
The only place I would willingly turn over the control of my car to a 'system' is at the drive thru car wash.
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #24
Alndaytona
Oracle of Wisdom

Alndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regardAlndaytona is held in the highest regard

I had someone give me the finger for doing the posted speed limit through a school zone the other day. I blew her a kiss.
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #25
marliegirl
Mrs Fluffy

Credits: 12,879
marliegirl is held in the highest regardmarliegirl is held in the highest regardmarliegirl is held in the highest regardmarliegirl is held in the highest regardmarliegirl is held in the highest regardmarliegirl is held in the highest regardmarliegirl is held in the highest regardmarliegirl is held in the highest regardmarliegirl is held in the highest regard

Love it.... Gets them even more mad when you dont get even

Quote: Originally Posted by Alndaytona View Post
I had someone give me the finger for doing the posted speed limit through a school zone the other day. I blew her a kiss.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #26
ffgal77
Noble Aristocrat

I have people ride my butt all the time in a school zone. It's really bad on Parkview. It's amazing when the car behind me is pretty much attached to my bumper, how I forget how to press on the gas. The slightest touch of my brakes, they would hit my car. So for my safety, I take my foot of the gas. It adds 30 more seconds onto your drive, so why is it so hard for people to slow down?? Not only do they speed through there, they don't stop when the bus is stopped. I do hope the buses get those camera's soon!
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #27
computacat
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 81,405
computacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regardcomputacat is held in the highest regard

It's amazing when the car behind me is pretty much attached to my bumper, how I forget how to press on the gas. The slightest touch of my brakes, they would hit my car. So for my safety, I take my foot of the gas.
Works every time I try it.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #28
Chillin
Oracle of Wisdom

Chillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regardChillin is held in the highest regard

Many times I have people riding my butt on side streets where the limit is 25 or 30 mph while children are standing on corners waiting for the bus. I usually just pull over so they can speed by me. One of the streets this happens most on is Point Pleasant.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #29
Palm.Coaster
Farewell to Arms

Palm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regardPalm.Coaster is held in the highest regard

Quote: Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
Only if you put a front license plate on the cars.
Very true which I believe we should have. Then there wouldn't be anymore argument about who was driving the vehicle. Of course, I would be slightly irritated at having to take my German plates off the front of my cars but if it will help make people responsible for their actions on the road, I'm all for it.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #30
Palm.Coaster
Farewell to Arms

I have people ride my butt all the time in a school zone. It's really bad on Parkview. It's amazing when the car behind me is pretty much attached to my bumper, how I forget how to press on the gas. The slightest touch of my brakes, they would hit my car. So for my safety, I take my foot of the gas. It adds 30 more seconds onto your drive, so why is it so hard for people to slow down?? Not only do they speed through there, they don't stop when the bus is stopped. I do hope the buses get those camera's soon!
They're just saving gas by drafting!
Closed Thread