FlaglerChat.com Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fishin for Fun

Closed Thread
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Honey Badger
Farewell to Arms

Honey Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regard
Default Fishin for Fun

Today was a first for my husband and myself. He landed the largest Bluefish caught on the pier to date. Fifteen pounds even. It was the largest Blue he's ever caught.

I caught my first ever keeper Cobia, weighing 12 pounds, measuring 35 inches long. Sorry Star, we don't share Cobia. It's like gold nuggets in our freezer.

I lost, errr rather, my husband lost my large Pompano. He tried to hand line it up and it dropped halfway. She was a beauty too. Maybe she'll bite again tomorrow.

We also caught Spinner Sharks and I landed a 3 foot Bull Shark. Beautiful day to be fishing, great company and the freezer is filling fast.

That bait rod I'm holding, (orange and yellow) is a custom rod my husband built for me. It is the rod I caught the Cobia on. What a fight!
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #2
sicilianlady
Farewell to Arms

sicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regardsicilianlady is held in the highest regard

Fantastic Tare and Craig. Have a ball and enjoy life.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #3
TrickyRicky
Royal Wizard of the Realm

Credits: 169,395
TrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regardTrickyRicky is held in the highest regard

Congrats to both of you.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #4
vietnamvet
Farewell to Arms

vietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regard
Default Congrats!

I did not know that Bluefish liked to eat denim? (Husband's pants!)

Beauties, the rods and fish of course! Evidently there are lots more Cobia too!!
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #5
OldCdog
Justice of the Realm

Credits: 3,174
OldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regardOldCdog is held in the highest regard

CONGRATULATIONS!

Are those his favorite fishing denims??

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Honey Badger
Farewell to Arms

Honey Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regardHoney Badger is held in the highest regard

Hey, it took him 10+ years to get those pants comfortable. I would have worn my matching pants, but I wore them yesterday and they had fish guts all over them. I will be wearing them tomorrow though. You know how much people pay for pants like that?
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #7
Marlin
Eminent Elder

Marlin is held in the highest regardMarlin is held in the highest regard

Congrats, I always say "a family that goes fishing together..uh....err...... never goes hungry".....yea that's the ticket. I always say that...

Marlin
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #8
vietnamvet
Farewell to Arms

vietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regardvietnamvet is held in the highest regard

Say, that's right! I forgot that people pay extra for that "Worn out look". He might want to bring an extra pair with him next time in case he gets an interesting offer he cannot refuse!

(Extra pair of pants of course)
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #9
Lincoln
Eminent Elder

Lincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regardLincoln is held in the highest regard

Congrats
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Honey Badger
Farewell to Arms

LOL, there are a few people out there who joke about it every time he wears them. They say they are going to take up a collection for him to buy a new pair of pants.
Actually, we've never had anyone offer to buy his pants, but a woman did want to buy my Cobia and she was quite upset that we wouldn't sell it.
1. It is illegal to sell fish unless you are a licensed commercial fisherperson.
2. She's out of her cotton pickin mind if she thinks for one second we would sell the slightest bit of Cobia.

We did however give the head to a friend of ours who makes fish head soup with them. GAG!!!
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #11
Beachtime
Oracle of Wisdom

Beachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regardBeachtime is held in the highest regard

FANTASTIC!!!!! You guys must have had a blast!!!! Great day!! Congrats!
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #12
Marlin
Eminent Elder

Marlin is held in the highest regardMarlin is held in the highest regard

PS....I also liked the picture of your fishing pole, I can see my Flagler Beach home between your hat and fishing pole. (it's not the high rise).

Marlin
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #13
Honey Badger
Farewell to Arms

Quote: Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
PS....I also liked the picture of your fishing pole, I can see my Flagler Beach home between your hat and fishing pole. (it's not the high rise).

Marlin
That picture was taken "on" my FB home.
My husband puts his kayak in the ocean by your home. We're hoping the waves die down before Monday so he can get out there in his kayak before his vacation is over. We've seen Tarpon rolling and the Kings are around. He's itching to catch something in his kayak.
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #14
sweetpea
Noble Aristocrat

sweetpea works well with otherssweetpea works well with otherssweetpea works well with others

Great pictures Tare!!! What were you using as bait?
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #15
cocorkgrl
Mistress of Mischief

cocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regardcocorkgrl is held in the highest regard

Oh this is wonderful! Look at you fisherpeople! Congrats!